If you are interested in designing better software, you are welcome to join us. But you are expected to learn the basics of Ruby on your own.
What is this group about?
This group is for Ruby developers in San Francisco to come together, improve their skills and discuss software designs and collaborate in open source projects. We believe in the value of hands-on and topical real-life group learning and sharing. We welcome new and experienced software engineers alike. We rely on our members to come up with examples for review, questions for discussions and tech talks.
::How is this group different from San Francisco Ruby Meetup Group?
This group meets in smaller group and actually help attendants code better by talking about examples of good codeandbad code. We discussdesign patternsandwhen to use what techniques, things that call for years of experience and things you cannot learn by googling easily.
This group is not about professional networking, listen to tech talks passively or free food. This group is about asking good questions and sharing good design thoughts.
::What activities should you expect?
• Ruby clinic/group code review on code samples of peers.
• Discussion on design patterns.
• Deep dive/case study of open source Ruby projects.
• Work on open source libraries together.
• Discussion of Meta-programming Techniques and when to use them.
• Sharing session from well-known Rubyists in San Francisco.
*To meetup staff: please change my email to email@example.com. Thank you.