Silicon Valley Ruby on Rails Message Board › RUBY AFICIONADO sought for San Francisco(Downtown) VoIP Success Story
San Jose, CA
My client is a Mac-based Ruby development shop working to disrupt the managed telcom
industry. They’re one of the fastest growing government-focused telecommunications
companies in the United States. They're a profitable 200-person strong company, with a
30-person corporate & technology office located in San Francisco’s financial district, just
a few minutes from the Embarcadero BART station. They have customers in 40 US
states, and two Canadian provinces, and they're adding more all the time.
You'll play a key role in the development, enhancement, and support of both front-end
applications for user-experience and back-end applications that integrate into MySQL
database and Asterisk VoIP server.
Typically this includes:
• Development of new features for their platform. Typically requiring 2 days to 2
weeks of effort.
• Bug-squashing for more complicated issues.
• Integration with 3rd party web services.
• Development and maintenance of automated testing and deployment systems.
• Working with Jr Ruby Developers to help them expand their knowledge and
This is a key role and you'll be right in the thick of it from day one.
• 7+ years of overall software development experience
• 3+ years service-based software development experience
• Strong C programming skills
• Ruby – Gem development (Ruby on Rails preferred)
• Java development experience
• SQL development skills (preferable with MySQL)
• Multi-threaded development
If you are interested or if you know someone who might be, please give me a call or pass my info along.
At-Tech Staffing Services