Silicon Valley Ruby on Rails Message Board › Director of Engineering at Change.org in SF
|A former member||
Change.org is a rapidly expanding, profitable social venture growing by hundreds of thousands of members a month and empowering people across the globe to win social action campaigns on a wide range of issues such as human rights, global poverty, and environmental protection. Our current partners include hundreds of the world’s largest nonprofits, including Amnesty International, Sierra Club, Human Rights Campaign, and the United Nations Foundation.
Please click here to apply.
Director of Engineering
* a leadership role with minimal (if any) implementation responsibilities
* to work in an agile environment, deploying new code to production multiple times per week
* to remove obstacles that impede forward progress
* managed a team of at least 6 engineers
* a preference for an agile environment (XP, Scrum, etc.)
* experience with high-traffic consumer-web sites
* a strong track record for execution and delivery
* a passion for people
* motivate A-players and turn B-players into A-players
* resolve interpersonal conflicts with grace and ease
* manage your team (down), your colleagues (across), and up (your supervisor)
* continually optimize the agile engineering process for increased efficiency
* make difficult scoping decisions
* balance the requirements of the product team with repayment of "technical debt"
* coach and develop your team members toward their career-goals