add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Silicon Valley Ruby on Rails Message Board › RoR developer needed for multi-media website and API upgrades

RoR developer needed for multi-media website and API upgrades

user 8626102
Belmont, CA
Post #: 1
My technology and business media website Essinova ( is in need of software and API upgrades:

1) Ooyala API migration. Ooyala is the backend video player powering the videos on Essinova. It is phasing out the old API and I need to migrate to their new HTTP/REST based standard framework (API v2).

2) RoR software upgrade. The site is currently on RoR version 2.3. It needs to be upgraded to the latest version. If this software upgrade is prerequisite for Ooyala API migration, I'll consider having both done. Otherwise the priority is the API migration.

Browser compatibility and SEO are expected.

If this project works out, I will have more for you.

- RoR (should have experience creating and deploying at least two sites before),
- JQuery
- WordPress (The site has a Blog section powered by Although not required for the current project, proficiency with WordPress will be a plus in consideration of future projects.)

1) indicate your quote for 1. Ooyala API migration only, and 2. API migration + Rails upgrade.
2) indicate delivery timeframe
3) send previous project samples and/or client references.

START DATE: Immediate.

Thank you and happy holidays!