Silicon Valley Ruby on Rails Message Board › Wordnik.com is hiring
San Francisco, CA
Wordnik is is a fast-growing, well-funded startup, working on meaningful problems, and we're looking for a senior Rails developer. The ideal person would have:
- A UI/UX sensibility geared towards simple, highly usable design
- Strong front-end coding skills (HTML/CSS/JQuery)
- Experience working in a production Rails environment
- Experience integrating REST services in Ruby
- Appreciation of TDD, continuous integration, and code quality
We'd also love to see:
- Mobile experience (iOS, Android, or web-based)
- Startup experience
- Your github account
- Open source participation
I realize this is a tall order; if you have a meaningful subset of these skills and a willingness to learn, please get in touch.
About us: Wordnik's mission is to find as much information as possible about every word in English, analyze what we find, and make it available to as many people as possible. We're based in San Mateo, run noSQL databases, analyze data with Hadoop, and use a variety of programming languages including Ruby, Java, Python, and Scala. It's fun place to work, with exciting stuff to work on.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Sorry, but locals only, and no recruiters please. If you're interested or just curious, please email: email@example.com.