Highlights: A heapin' helping of sweet singletrack, with nice views, streams, flowers. The course is a large loop (counterclockwise) around Mt Tam and down to Stinson Beach. Includes a really steep downhill section (Willow Camp FR), a streamside ladder (Steep Ravine Tr), and a final four miles that is sweet and cruis-able (Old Mine, TCC, and Troop 80 Trs).
For experienced trail runners that have done 20+ miles on hilly trails before. Warning: look forward to 21 miles, ~3,800 ft of gain.
(1) Water (Note: only water is at 13.5 and 17 miles)
(2) Fuel/electrolytes (expect to be out 5 hrs +/- depending on pace and stops (dip in the ocean anyone?)
(3) Marked trail map and sense of direction/ability to get back to the starting point (link below). There are over 15 named trails on this route and dozens of trail segments.
(4) Plenty of positive attitude so that you can finish with a smile.
(5) You are responsible for your own health and safety, this is not a leader-led event per se, just an group run that you may opt to join.
Note: Many of you regulars will be familiar with the starting location, but for at least 50% of runners, the route will be at least 50% different than the last time you ran in Marin. Ah the magic of statistics... :-)
Optional afterwards: If the weather is nice there’s a small picnic spot 1/4 mile from cars or alternatively we can go to get some foods (various options in downtown Mill Valley, Café Verde in Corte Madera, Marin Brewing Co in Larkspur); open to ideas here (sorry, Tourist Club is closed)
Trail Map (Review, Printout, and Carry with you):
p.s. Does the course look like a flying bat to you?