Announcing a new Meetup for The Chicago Running Meetup Group!
What: Dances with Dirt in Baraboo, WI
When: July 11,[masked]:30 AM
Where: (A location has not been chosen yet.)
* Date: July 11, 2009
* Where: Baraboo, WI
* Start & Finish: At Devil's Head Resort, S6330 Bluff Rd., Merrimac, WI
* 50 Mile Start: 5:30am. It will be light!!
* 50 K Start: 6:30 am
* Check-In: Ultra runners must check in Friday night or Saturday morning, before the start. Number bibs & last minute information will be handed out. Friday Check-in is from 4-9 PM. Saturday-race day opens at 4:45 AM. Try to make the Friday Check-in!
* Drop Bags will be at Burma Road, which is at miles 13, 18 for both the 50K and 50M, and miles 32, 37 for the 50M.
* Decision Point (where you may decide to continue with the 50M or head back to the finish for 50K) is at Steinke Basin at 25 miles. The 50M cutoff is 13 hours. If you arrive back at Steinke Basin after High Noon, you won't have time to continue with the 50M race and finish within 13 hours, so you will be directed to head back to the Finish. If that happens, you'll be scored in the 50K race.
* Daily Park Pass: You must have daily or annual state park permit on front window to enter the park or for family or handlers to follow you around the course. The race starts and finishes outside the park so no permit is needed to run. We will have passes if your support staff is entering the park, just ask for one at registration if you have support staff! Support, be prepared to assist the volunteers while you hang around. Please obey the parking signs and volunteers, even if they seem irrational!
* Parking: Expect parking insanity, handlers must park in designated areas.
* Dirt Numbers: All runners must wear race number visible on the front. Ultra numbers will be different than relay teams.
* Thank the Volunteers & Sponsors: Running the race is easier!
* Shameless Plug: Shop at Running Fit! Buy Nike Running Shoes! www.runningfit.com
* Camping: NO CAMPING AT START/FINISH AREA!
* Hotels: Devil's Head Ski Resort, S6330 Bluff Road, Merrimac, WI 53561
Call[masked] and tell them you would like to make a reservation in the Dances with Dirt room block.
* Awards & Refreshments: Awards, food and refreshments at the finish area 2:30 ? 6: 30 PM.
* Ultra Awards: Top 5 in each 5-year age group for each event presented immediately when you finish.http://www.dwddevilslake.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
Learn more here:http://running.meetup.com/145/calendar/10766244/