MidAtlantic's Largest Coed Duathlon: 2 Mile Run, 26 Mile Bike, 4 Mile run
Please join me for the 4th Annual Maryland Olympic Duathlon. Whether you’re a seasoned duathlete or a first-timer, the Maryland Olympic Duathlon is the place for you. The beautiful course is scenic, fan-friendly and, above all, great for racing and running. Description: This event is for the multisport athlete who wishes to focus on cycling and running. This race is also for the athlete who wants to try something new and challenging. Staged out of Western Regional Park the one lap, two mile, run transitions into a two lap, 26 mile rolling bike course on the rural roads of western Howard County. The final two lap, four mile, course is the same as the first run segment in that it is a combination of paved road and walking paths.
Venue: Western Regional Park is located in western Howard County, Maryland at the intersection of route 97 and Carrs Mill Road. The park is about 15 minutes from Columbia, MD and is located just off of the junction of MD 97 and Interstate 70.
Address: 14800 Carrs Mill Road Woodbine, MD 21723
See directions for detailed directions to park.
Reasons to do the DU:
1. If your thinking about getting started in multisport racing but don't want to train in three sports.
2. If you're serious about doing a multisport event that is logistically simpler than a triathlon.
3. If you're weak in, or not thrilled with, swimming.
4. If you're most comfortable on the bike and perfectly happy to do the bulk of training on it.
5. If you're an experienced triathlete and want to push yourself to the limit in a cycle/run event.
6. If you want to be a MULIT-SPORT DUATHLETE!
7. If you just want to have fun and try something different!!!