Cancel dues at any time.
Dues are billed each year.
Welcome to The SoCal African American Cinema Connection - the only LA/OC area movie Meetup group showcasing African American cinema, filmmakers and performers! Below are some of the membership benefits.
We are committed to the support, awareness and attendance of movies and theater that prominently and positively display African American culture and lifestyle. We also support & attend mainstream/independent films that feature African American themes, directors screenwriters and actors as well.
Check out our Magazine! Contributing members can add content and expose their upcoming projects. "The Oasis" @ TheOasisMag.com
When new African American films are released, our group hosts outings to see these films on OPENING WEEKEND (because the success of these films is determined by their opening weekend box-office figures). After the film, we meet for dinner, drinks or dessert to meet each other and discuss the films & performances in a fun and casual manner.
We hope to provide a platform to support up and coming African American filmmakers whose films may not be accessible to a wide audience. In addition, we seek to support and attend various film festivals in the Los Angeles area - specifically the yearly Pan African Film Festival.
While the group specifically targets African American films, filmmakers and performers, membership is open to EVERYONE of all races, nationalities, politics, ethnic backgrounds, etc. Just have a required FACE PHOTO and be a participator. So join us as we discover the best (and worst) of African American artists as they do their thang on the big screen!
See you at the movies,
Donald Drake - Realtor Broker Associate
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
There are several exciting plans and added benefits to the SAACC and our Sister group "Black In Orange County" for 2014 as we continue to add value and experiences for our members. These are only some of them:
• Movie Discount Tickets• 1/2 off on Ad placement in The Oasis Magazine
• Discount off SAACC functions where there is a charge
• Discount code on the upcoming online "Oasis Store" (AA themed items)
• Placement and exposure in the Professional Directory
• FREE 30 minute legal consultation with Attorney in your area of need
• FREE 30 minute consultation with CPA in your area of need
• FREE 30 minute Real Estate contract review
• FREE Press Release for your business or company
• FREE Medi-care Consultation • FREE Business Card Ad in The Oasis Magazine
• Membership in our Sister Organization
... And More...
If you have suggestions, please email OCDollars@aol.com If you have any ideas or want to participate as a group organizer, let us know.
If you want to mail the yearly dues amount, please mail to BNOC PO Box 10241 Fullerton CA 92838.