Want to meet local riders? Ride-share? Share and/or learn/advance your skills? This is the place. No matter what type of riding style you have. All snowboarders and skiers are welcome!
This group was created for all types of riders - from parks to powder to groomers to backcountry. This group is about having fun riding the slopes with other great people who share the love of that fluffy white stuff!
This group is for us and by us! Lets get together and go hit the snow, all you need to do is say when you want to ride. If you want to arrange a trip either to your season pass resort, or to wherever there's snow, just put it on the calendar. Our organizers will post occasional day trips as well as some social meetup events to help you get acquainted and plan outings.
When RSVPing for an event please let the group know whether you can drive (and if so, how many passengers you can take and if you have 4WD and/or chains for when the conditions get awesome). If you are a passenger, please have cash on hand for your kind drivers (approximately $10 - $15 depending on the drive time.)
A few safety guidelines:
Our goal is to make sure everyone has a great time riding, so follow these rules and we should be able to keep injuries and headaches to a minimum:
1. If you are a first-timer, please let the group know. We've all been there ourselves, and can help you through some of the rough patches getting started. I would encourage you to enroll in a group lesson your first time on the hill so at the very least you will learn how to fall properly and avoid serious injury as a result. Those first few trips will be rough and filled with bruises, but once you carve your first turn, you'll be hooked!
2. Please communicate with your carpool group about meeting places and times on the slopes. I would encourage you to always have a meetup time at the end of the day (and maybe place for lunch on the slopes). Please adhere to these meetups or communicate with each other if you can't make it to the agreed upon spot in time. Exchange phone numbers and/or 2-way radios with people you carpool with in case you get separated.
3. Do not ride out of bounds while on a trip with us. You risk serious injury or death and can easily lose your pass. If you are looking to ride the backcountry, let us organizers know. We can organize a trip if there is demand.
4. Helmets are strongly encouraged on the slopes, and especially critical for beginners, and those that are more advanced or riding park or trees. Protect your noggin... you only get one ;)
5. Stay safe on the roads! Drive appropriately for the constantly changing conditions.
We look forward to seeing you at an event soon! Think snow!!!
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members