Want to meet local riders? Ride-share? Share and/or learn/advance your skills? This is the place. No matter what type of riding style you have. All snowboarders and skiers are welcome!
This group was created for all types of riders - from parks to powder to groomers to backcountry. This group is about having fun riding the slopes with other great people who share the love of that fluffy white stuff!
Our organizers will post regular trips up the hills as well as occasional social meetup events to help you get acquainted with everyone and plan outings. If you would like to arrange more trips up, either to your season pass resort, or on different days of the week, please contact any of the organizers and we'll post your event ASAP!
When RSVPing for an event, please let the group know whether you can drive, how many passengers you can take and if you have 4WD and/or chains for when the conditions get hairy. Also, please have cash on hand for your kind drivers (approximately $10 - $15 depending on the drive time.)
A few safety guidelines:
Our goal is to make sure everyone has a good time riding, so follow these rules, and we should be able to keep injuries and headaches to a minimum:
1. If you are a first-timer, please let the group know. We've all been there ourselves, and can help you through some of the rough patches getting started. I would encourage you to enroll in a group lesson your first time on the hill so at the very least you will learn how to fall properly and avoid serious injury as a result. Those first few trips will be rough and filled with bruises, but once you carve your first turn, you'll be hooked!
2. Please communicate with your carpool group about meeting places and times on the slopes. I would encourage you to always have a meetup time and place for lunch on the slopes as well as a time to regroup before leaving the slopes in the afternoon. Please adhere to these meetups or communicate with each other if you can't make it to the agreed upon spot in time. Exchange phone numbers and/or 2-way radios with people you carpool with in case you get separated.
3. Do not ride out of bounds while on a trip up with the group. You risk serious injury or death and can easily lose your pass. If you are looking to ride the backcountry, let us organizers know. We can organize a trip if there is demand.
4. Helmets are strongly encouraged on the slopes, and especially critical for beginners, and those that are more advanced or riding park or trees. Protect your noggin... you only get one ;)
5. Stay safe on the roads! Drive appropriately for the constantly changing conditions.
We look forward to seeing you at an event soon! Think snow!!!
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers