addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

SACRAMENTO VEGAN SOCIETY Message Board › *New Vegan Restaurant in Town!*

*New Vegan Restaurant in Town!*

This message board is read-only.

Angelique
azmiller
Rocklin, CA
Post #: 20
Hi!
Just wanted to let you know that a new vegan restaurant has opened in Roseville (hooray!)
It's quick, casual, and the emphasis is on fresh, organic, healthy, and affordable vegan food (double hooray!)
There are: Smoothies (including green smoothies), Salads (a kale salad of the day + a daily garden salad), Soft Serve Ice Creams with tempting toppings (hot fudge, chocolate chunks, caramel, fresh fruit sauce, and more), Snacks like kale chips and cookies, and Raj's teas (hot or iced) made with ingredients like Holy Basil and healing ayurvedic blends (i.e. Immunity Booster, Calming Stress Tamer, Be Slim Satva, and more). One of the smoothies is a Tea Fusion made with the herbal tea, almond milk, and coconut sugar. All from FRESH non-processed and mostly raw ingredients (many from the farmer's market with organic just-picked flavor)
REALLY yummy stuff!!!

Menu, hours, and more at: www.baagan.com

Please visit soon and help support an all-vegan restaurant option in town! :)

Angelique (Angie)
Bethany D.
user 14154902
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 4
Thanks for the info! Looks great...can't wait to try! ( :
Are you coming to meet-up tomorrow evening?
Angelique
azmiller
Rocklin, CA
Post #: 28
Hi -- couldn't make it to the meetup (super busy with Baagan's grand opening this week) but am hoping to come soon!

Angelique
Amy
user 4362027
Roseville, CA
Post #: 113
I live in Roseville, this like a dream come true, even though it's not a full restaurant. Getting a group of girls together to come to lunch this week, and am trying to talk my dad and brother (who I work with) to go with me now and then during the week for lunch as well! It's hard to talk them into something like this, they'll think that they won't be full enough when they leave.
Angelique
azmiller
Rocklin, CA
Post #: 29
Terrific -- can't wait to meet you Amy!
For filling foods...the last 2 specialty salads I've been told have been pretty filling (last week a chipotle kale salad that was very dense with avocado dressing and this week a spinach salad with balsamic, strawberries, and candied walnuts) and if they follow it up with one of the smoothies that has almonds in it, they should be all set till dinnertime (the "Peanut" Butter Cup smoothie is especially filling!)
We also plan to expand to soups and possibly sandwiches/wraps in the future, especially when the weather gets colder.
Hope to see you soon!

Angelique (Angie)
Amy
user 4362027
Roseville, CA
Post #: 114
Oh, I'm SURE that they will be more than full if they want to be, it's just a matter of convincing them to go try it! I'll be there with some girlfriends this week no matter what though.
A former member
Post #: 31
Can't wait to try it. Do you know about whether they use honey or not? The other raw place here says they are vegan but use honey in a lot of their food. Can't wait to try the ice cream!!
Amy
user 4362027
Roseville, CA
Post #: 115
No it is completely vegan. I've been there about 5 times already. :)

They aren't "rawists" like some of these other restaurants... the emphasis is on vegan and healthy (no fake cheeses here, as much as we love them), and they do try to keep as raw as possible. However, they do now have soups and sandwiches (with regular bread) so it is not all raw. If you ever get to Roseville please go, it is amazing and the two women who run it are very sweet and helpful.