SACRAMENTO VEGAN SOCIETY Message Board › McDougall, Fuhrman, Campbell, Esselstyn.... Help

McDougall, Fuhrman, Campbell, Esselstyn.... Help

This message board is read-only.

Joanne Tepper S.
user 41886002
Folsom, CA
Post #: 1
Which whole foods diet do you follow? I am struggling to loose weight and adopt a whole foods plant based diet. If you have followed any of the above doctors and lost weight could you please share your experience. smile
Robert C.
user 37216922
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 6
Joanne,
My wife Farley and I have both lost around 60 pounds over these last five years plus. There is no effort involved once you change what is on your plate and make it a habit. When people fail to lose weight when they need to on a plant based diet, it is always too many calorie dense foods involved in my experience, or too many deviations from good food. We maintain a bulletin board (www.bobandfarley.com) which is dedicated to helping people succeed with a healthy plant based diet. Nobody can remain obese on such a diet.

I think that all the plant based docs are great, and what we do pretty much complies with what they all teach. i would say that what we do is probably most like what Jeff Novick, of the McDougall plan, teaches. When I got diagnosed with heart disease, I hired Jeff as my coach, and with his help reversed my heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, high lipids, chronic kidney stones, chronic sinusitis, etc. He maintains a Facebook presence and a forum at www.drmcdougall.com. He has a number of great DVDs that are really worthwhile. The best cookbook we have found is in Dr. Esselstyn's "Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease."

If you visit our bulletin board, check out Cyn's story. She struggled for years trying to lose weight on what she thought was a version of Dr. McDougall's teachings. Once she got the idea, she did great and continues to do great. I'm sure that she would be happy to help you too. If there is anything we could do to help, we, and I'm sure others here, would be happy to help. You are wise to look for people who have succeeded. It is very possible to eat a vegan diet that is not healthy and will not maintain a healthy weight.

Bob
A former member
Post #: 1
Joanne,
My daughter and I have been doing The Starch Solution by John McDougall and love it! On this one if you want to lose faster you cut out bread and tortillas, but you lose weight either way. I'm down 2 sizes in 5 weeks and my daughter is down 10 pounds in 3 weeks.

Kim
Linda M.
Lassen
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 268
Hi ALL Please know that the STARCH SOLUTION is the best book for losing weight. DO NOT take out bread and tortillas...eat more of them! Just remove all added oils!! No olive oil, no canola oil, no motoroil!!!!

Thanks, Linda
ps. come to whole foods dinner and tour wednesday..that will help...
skip Fuhrman...does not work well...