addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

SACRAMENTO VEGAN SOCIETY Message Board › Showing Veg Documentaries

Showing Veg Documentaries

A former member
Post #: 46
This message is for anyone who knows how I can get a reduced fee grant or free license to show very thought-provoking, health-oriented documentary films like “Forks Over Knives”, “Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead”, “Vegucated”, and any other recommended veg films. To help balance out the fact that the documentary “American Meat” will be shown on Sac State campus (the producer is showing it for free, so they took up the offer), I would like to help the Sac State Health & Wellness dept., Food and Nutrition Club and possibly the new and fledgling animal welfare/rights group to host these films. When a film is shown to a group of more than XX number of people in a public venue like Sac State, they are required to purchase the license, which it turns out costs hundreds of dollars. The departments are strapped for cash, so I’d like to help them find a way to show the films on campus (college-aged students being one of the best populations to reach for the veg message!) and they are very grateful of my concern and efforts and would love to host the films too.

Any help and recommendations are greatly appreciated!