align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

SACRAMENTO VEGAN SOCIETY Message Board › CREEK CLEAN UP/ Arcade Creek/ CREE WEEK

CREEK CLEAN UP/ Arcade Creek/ CREE WEEK

This message board is read-only.

Oscar P.
user 10909609
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 13
I talked to Alta(CREEK WEEK GURU) and she said she could get the city to pick up the trash from the creek on Saturday. This means we do not have to worry about us taking the trash. The city can pick it up Saturday but since I will be with ECOS Club at ARC, I want to get started Friday so I can take out the beds/big stuff.

I will be doing a Clean Up Friday 4/12 at 11AM. Looking for numbers so the job can be a little bit easier. I have taken work off Saturday so I can come out to Saturdays CLEAN UP but wanted to take advantage of the city helping out. Know that the city can only pick up collected trash ONCE A YEAR so we HAVE TO MAKE IT COUNT this firday and this is great for members who want to make a difference in their sac-community.

Feel free to call if you have any further questions. 916-712-2814

Here is a description of the location.

There is a church across the street from the location.
Church Address 3629 Del Paso Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95838

Going on Astoria St, the church in on the right side. Across or to the left, is a small area of native plans and trees.

Behind is Del Paso Blvd. You should see train tracks from lite rail. I will have a sign that says"Creek Clean Up Here", so be on the look out.

One could take the lite rail and get off at Marconi Arcade Station(between rosevielle and swanston stops). Then walk along the tracks and should arrive within 10 minutes. If one takes the train, they should be able to see the creek as it passed over it.

The Good News is that process is under way. The Sacramento Area Creeks Council has agreed and has Establish this a "Adopt-A-Creek Program support for Friends of Dry Creek Parkway". What it means is that we can futher maximize our effects with the right resources and advice. Please join me or The Sacramento Area Creeks Council to better our creeks.

The Sacramento Area Creeks Council Website
http://saccreeks.org/...­