SACRAMENTO VEGAN SOCIETY Message Board › Review: Simple Vegan Cooking Class!

Review: Simple Vegan Cooking Class!

This message board is read-only.

Linda M.
Lassen
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 27
This Message is from our SVS member Peggy Stinnett!
Review of Simple Vegan Cooking Class with Wim van Warmerdam

What a delightful experience this cooking class was! It was held at Linda Middlesworth's house on January 9th, 2010. There were just a few of us so we got very personal instruction. We prepared & cooked some simple, very healthy foods which was exactly what I needed, being new to Vegan eating. I liked that it was hands on...we each helped prepare the food with Wim's instruction. Then we sat down to a sumptuous meal...with about five different entrees. I needed some new ideas and got many, but much more in the way of handy little tips. We learned knife skills with cauliflower & onion & garnet yams...how to know if food is cooking correctly...some steaming techniques...how to prepare black eyed peas & other beans for cooking...how to prepare squash, to name just a few. We learned which vegetables were more nutritious cooked. We were provided with a lengthy handout that covered what we learned & much more, that will be very useful as a reference. Wim was masterful and very articulate in teaching us. He was a chef at Mum's Restaurant and has now moved on to other career choices, but still loves cooking and helping others learn how to cook vegan meals. I would recommend this wonderful class to anyone. I'm hoping they will offer more classes & plan to come if they do! What a fantastic resource!
Thank you Wim & Linda, Peggy Stinnett
Linda M.
Lassen
Group Organizer
Sacramento, CA
Post #: 28
I would like to thank Wim for the absolutely wonderful Simple Vegan Cooking Class! I found out that, even though I have been cooking vegan for 20 years, I learned a ton of new tips and ways with Wim as our chef! The food tasted wonderfully and it was the yummiest, healhtiest food on the planet!Do not miss signing up for the next one as we are taking only 6 of you at once!