Salt Lake City Spanish Message Board › Fabulous Tutors in Nicaragua

Fabulous Tutors in Nicaragua

Keith K.
fotopala
Prescott, AZ
¡Hola Hablantes de Español!
Some of you may know that I object to paying a lot of money for Spanish tutoring via Skype, and I have never understood why Skype classes cost so much more than the classes they offer face-to-face with your private tutor in Central America. For example, I know for a fact that Spanish teachers in Guatemala are paid the equivalent of about $2 per hour, however these same schools want to charge you at least $10 an hour if not $15 or $20 for Skype classes!   And yet if you are actually in Guatemala, you can get the same private tutor face-to-face for about $8 an hour.  So the school is still making a lot of money (paying their teachers $2 per hour while charging $8 per hour), but for some reason when they offer Skype classes they jack up the price.  So the result is, I refuse to pay that!  The owners of these schools will try to justify the cost by telling you that the computers and internet connection are VERY expensive, and yet they all provide a bank of computers and the internet to use while you are at the school.
So, over the years I have looked long and hard for capable Spanish tutors via Skype that charge a reasonable price, and I believe that I have found them. I just completed my 3rd session and I am very pleased.  I bought the 10-pack of classes for $80 (paid via PayPal) just to see how I liked the teaching, but next time I will buy 20 one-hour-long classes for $140 and only pay $7 per hour.  Now that is what I am talking about!
Vanesa Mercado is the Director of Casa Nica Spanish School that is located in Granada, Nicaragua.  You can contact her at info@learnspanishnicaragua.com­, and the website address is http://learnspanishnicaragua.com/­.
Also, you will find rave reviews about the school on TripAdvisor at http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g580113-d2397478-Reviews-Casa_Nica_Spanish_School-Granada_Granada_Department.html­
Tell Vanesa that Keith sent you, and Enjoy!