This weekend course is a Combat Medic elective that is open to everyone.
However, it is also a required "bridge" course for anyone who is taking the Wilderness Herbal First Responder (prior to this course) and the Primitive Core Basic (immediately following this weekend), and wants to receive the Combat Medic Level 1 Certification.
The requirements for Combat Medic Level 1 are:
1) Primitive or Urban Core Basic
2) Level 1 Herbal Medic + 16 Hour WFA Certification
Wilderness Herbal First Responder
3) Combat Medic Tactics/Endurance Weekend (this course)
This weekend will require camping over on Saturday night. The course will alternate between technique and exercises. We will be using airsoft, paintball, pellet and possibly live fire.
This is a weekend of physical exertion and training for the Combat Medic. I have done this course in a variety of ways and am trying something new again this year. A mixture of both training and scenarios that will make the training exhilarating but tiring.
This weekend will be focusing on the "Combat" side of the Combat Medic - which is the path of the body, and will include:
• Small Unit Tactics: Airsoft
• Marksmanship under duress and aerobic stress (pellet and possibly live fire)
• Night tactics
• Night security
• Individual obstacle courses and paintball gauntlets
• Team litter obstacle course
• Chi Kung and breathing exercises for healing, body awareness and pain/discomfort tolerance
• Mixed Martial Arts concepts for the street, sparring and grappling
Food is not provided.
Food for the weekend - plan on not being able to cook. Trail mixes, protein bars, jerky, etc.
Some way to carry at least 1 liter of water with you (Camelback, etc.)
A small backpack (Camelback with some decent cargo space would be fine)
Knife - Preferably a multitool
Watch or other timepiece
Long pants and long shirt (military style BDU's for instance), either camo or earth tones
Knee pads and elbow pads
Thin gloves (protect hands or at least palms but be able to shoot)
Airsoft rifle if you have it (we'll have rentals otherwise - approx $25 for the weekend).