The San Diego Beer Club Message Board › Food Pairing w/ Beer? Your thoughts...

Food Pairing w/ Beer? Your thoughts...

karl k.
user 3409088
San Diego, CA
Post #: 3
Hey everyone,

I am in the mists of setting up a food pairing w beer event. it will be 3 small (tasters size) meals with 3 x 6 oz paired beers. Afterwards I can have a happy hour special for the group to be served until closing. the event will be on a Tuesday in mid - late Nov.

This is a diff type of event then what we do normally or have done in the past. I just want to get a heads up on how popular an event would be like this before setting it up. The cost would be $20 for the food-beer pairing and then a couple bucks per person for a tip at the end.

Anyone's response on this would be greatly appreciated!
Julie
charybdis112
San Diego, CA
Post #: 175
Sounds like a fun event. I most likely couldn't do it in the middle of the week though. :(
A former member
Post #: 7
Hey Karl, not that you need to build your whole schedule around ours, but Steve and I can seldom make a Tuesday event due to an ongoing family obligation. This sounds great though and we'll try to make it.
A former member
Post #: 1
Sounds like a great idea
Chez
user 6219674
San Diego, CA
I would be all over it.
Logan
user 6176897
San Diego, CA
Post #: 4
This is the kind of bipatisan activity we've been needing in the Beer club.
Bruce
user 2260298
San Diego, CA
Post #: 45
Awesome Karl! I love this idea and am super happy with your selection of price point. All these fancy schmancy, expensive beer/food pairings irritate me, but $20 seems reasonable! You set it up and if my schedule is open I'm in buddy! Thanks again for all the great work!
A former member
Sounds great. Any idea what kind of food would be served? I don't eat meat/chicken so would need to know or it might not be the best choice for us vegetarians ... ??
karl k.
user 3409088
San Diego, CA
Post #: 4
Marcia,

I am a vegetarian as well and I doubt they will accomodate to us due to the nature of the event. I'll have to plan a vegetarian one in the future for us.