align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The San Diego Beer Club Message Board › Visiting San Diego for a Wedding...What Breweries to hit...?

Visiting San Diego for a Wedding...What Breweries to hit...?

A former member
Post #: 208
Hey all, I'm the organizer of the Hop Heads of Sacramento Beer Lovers Union. I'll be flying to San Diego for a Wedding from the 16th to the 19th of May, and I want to sneak away to hit a couple breweries while I'm visiting. I checked out beermapping.com to see what's out there.

My itenerary:

Friday the 16th: Arrive in the afternoon Stay at a hotel near Seaworld. The lady insisted that we go there Saturday angry. I wanted to hit Green Flash Tap Room on Friday but that ias a 35 mi drive!!! Any other ideas? How about dinner, too?

Saturday: Seaworld... Perhaps hit a brewpub for dinner? Maybe a nicer one that I could rationalize going to another brewpub for dinner to my lady? Or if there is a good restaurant with an awesome Belgian selection or something, that would work too!

Sunday: Drive up to Fallbrook for the Stupid wedding... Could I sneak a pint anywhere on the way?
Monday: fly home crying

I'd appreciate all your help! Also, if you guys are ever in the Sacramento area for any reason, look up the Hop Heads!

Perhaps see you at GABF this year? biggrin
Julie
PubQuest_Julie
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
You should definitely hit Stone before or after Fallbrook... and if you check out http://www.pubquest.c...­, you can find them all!

Cheers.

Julie
A former member
Post #: 209
Yeah, did the same thing with beermapping.com (same concept as pubquest I guess). Also wanted to get anectdotal recommendations from this forum :). Stone...I'll check it out!

Cheers!
Chadd
Vinh
user 4522736
San Diego, CA
Post #: 40
There's Shakespear's and Princess Pub in Little Italy close to Sea World. They're both British pubs with lot's of imported British Ales.