addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Save this Meetup!

This Meetup no longer has an Organizer.
Without an Organizer, it will disappear from our website in 15 day(s).

You can join this Meetup and become the Organizer.

The San Diego Alternative Energy Meetup Group Message Board Group Organization › Meeting topics this group needs immediately.

Meeting topics this group needs immediately.

A former member
Post #: 102
We need to bring in some experts who are selling small wind turbines and PV systems to discuss frankly with us the options and tax breaks that exist here in San Diego.

I'm thinking we should have monthly meetings and every other month we have, perhaps along with a second speaker on some other topic, experts who are selling their equipment give a talk.

They obviously would want to talk and perhaps get some sales. We would get an idea of the tax breaks and laws that affect us. I think we could easily get speakers that would be entertaining and informative bordering on being mini-workshops.

What do you guys think? How about some suggestions of good speakers...
A former member
Post #: 3

I attended a PV for homeowners workshop at the San Diego Center for Sustainable Energy, and heard some very knowledgeable people talking about topics I am interested in learning. I definitely benefited in the exposure. It is definitely growth promoting attending such meetups and if I knew that a solar power expert was having a talk, or a meeting was being held where renewable energy enthusiasts were to meet and share opinions and ideas, I for one would be interested in coming along!
A former member
Post #: 20
Good idea!
A former member
Post #: 10
Good morning everyone,

I would be interested in this, and I would like to mention here another Meetup group, Kokopelli, which is actually a location, as well as a group. This week, Articles of Incorporation are being filed to change Kokopelli into a non-profit corporation as a sustainable herb and fish farm, right in Carlsbad. Catherine Bryan's family has owned the 2 -acre farm for 55 years and is following her vision and inspiration in creating a model farm and alternative resource center. The potential use and demonstration of alternative energy here on the working farm is huge: for instance, the fish farm will be a self-filtering cirulatory system through streams which fertilize the herb farm.

I sit on the Board of Directors of Kokopelli, and am Editor-in-Chief of its newly forming magazine, Communiversity (Community University Magazine) which, as an alternative resource index and magazine, will showcase the many innovative and model endeavors local people have undertaken, from the artistic and literary to the healing and energetic.

These two projects are taking form simultaneously and we, of course, would welcome anyone in this Meetup group who may have an inspiration of their own that Kokopelli possibly could accomodate. This is the perfect time for visionaries to come forth, as the fish farm is still on the drawing board while we wait for funding from our grant proposals.

858-720-9270 (home office)
A former member
Post #: 114
Visionaries? Well I for one think it would be great to ask some of the solar companies to donate some PV equipment. Then install the PVs with labor from this group. Maybe something that could be constantly modified and upgraded as time went on. Get it to the point it could be something similar to what Glenn did with the Turbines, PV, hydrogen tanks, and fuel cells up in Alaska...