The San Diego Alternative Energy Meetup Group Message Board Wind, Wave, GeoThermal › WIND WING: Alternative to Wind Turbines

WIND WING: Alternative to Wind Turbines

Bill S
Beesh
San Diego, CA
Post #: 239
A former member
Post #: 280
I wonder if W2 stands for wind squared? As in they are not just throwing up a couple of linear blades as with conventional turbines but an entire surface. I think they may have some very good ideas.

The article mentions
To start, W2 will introduce its prototype next month at Santa Barbara Harbor, tentatively Sept. 15.
but it is nowhere obvious on their website. (I checked the "news" section on their site and no mention of anything in September or the future...) Now this would be worth seeing. But certainly not on a Monday! Can't these people understand to most of us alternative energy is a hobby and we can't just take off from our jobs to pursue? I wish they would set up these presentations on Sunday. Then I could attend along with everybody else. To get the hobbyists they need to schedule things for Sundays.