addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Mountain/Trail and Road Biking Meetup Message Board › Hodges Night Right - equipment

Hodges Night Right - equipment

Jeff
user 7264958
San Diego, CA
Post #: 3
I would love to join in on a Hodges night ride one of these days. It's halfway between work and home for me anyway. I probably don't have time to make the one tomorrow, though. What kind of entry level light setup do you guys recommend? I just want something simple to see how much I like riding at night. There's a cateye EL530 with a rear light for under $70.

Thanks,
Jeff
monkrph
monkrph
San Diego, CA
Post #: 4
I was told to get the Cree lights on amazon at least 1000lumen which are under $70. Bit I haven't bought them yet. It was a recommendation by one of the experienced members mr Dickson Lopez
A former member
Post #: 1
I ride with a 3000 lumen niterider. But it's expensive. You could try this light: http://www.meritline....­ it's rated (probably over-rated) at 1600lm and only costs $26. Ships from China, so be patient.
Ron
user 12529028
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
Get 2 of these, one for the bars, one for the helmet and you'll be good to go.
They ship from USA and you can get free 2 day shipping from Amazon.
$28 each so they're a great deal, long run time, bright and reliable.

http://www.amazon.com...­