addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Steve
user 6122892
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Fairly new to the area looking for advice on a good bike shop for service/repairs of mountain bikes. I checked Yelp but I thought I'd also ask my fellow mountain bikers. I'm in Carmel Valley but will travel if needed. Thanks for your help.

Steve
A former member
Post #: 3
The guys over at Cal Coast Bike are super friendly and helpful. The mechanics appear to know what they are doing. I bought my mtn bike at the Trek Superstore and after bringing it in several times for the same problem, I brought it to Cal Coast. They fixed my problem right away.
I have sense bought a road bike and a cruiser from Cal Coast and for me, the level of service is great.
Good luck in your hunt for a shop.
A former member
Post #: 4
Steve,
Welcome to San Diego! Check www.sdmba.com for sponsoring bike shops in the area. They should provide excellent mechanical support in addition to supporting mountain biking access. (Shameless plug: I'm a long time member of SDMBA and a former board member.) My bike shops are in the La Mesa/Spring Valley area but are a far drive from Carmel Valley. (BRC in La Mesa and World Cycles in Spring Valley. In both places you will be talking with the owner.) I'm certain that others will have more specific recommendations in your area.
Everett Neuman
Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2,568
If you're looking for a good bike shop, our newest group sponsor, Adams Avenue Bicycles, is a full service shop for bike repairs, new equipment, tune-ups or rebuilds.

They're very knowledgeable and have been in business for years.

Their website is here:
http://www.aabikes.ne...­
Jon P.
user 11857117
Oceanside, CA
Fairly new to the area looking for advice on a good bike shop for service/repairs of mountain bikes. I checked Yelp but I thought I'd also ask my fellow mountain bikers. I'm in Carmel Valley but will travel if needed. Thanks for your help.

Steve

I think North of the Border is a good shop thru personal experience...in Sorrento Valley. They ride themselves and do not have new mechanics every week...a VERY common ailment here in SD.

Best bike shop with most long term ICONIC owner...FRED at Leucadia Cyclery. he sells Turner and Bianchi only...but fixes anything. He has GREAT integrity and been their forever. WAS the #2 Kline dealer in the USA.

Jon
Cheryl
user 20208901
San Diego, CA
Post #: 12
I'm partial to Bike Bling in Escondido even though it is a bit of a drive.
Omar
user 53084902
Carlsbad, CA
North of The Border :)
Mike
Mike_from_Oside
Oceanside, CA
I'm up in North County and go to Bike Bling but the mechanics at North of the Border absolutely have the best reputation in town.
A former member
Post #: 16
If you live nearby or in the vicinity of Ocean Beach, there is a bike shop on Cable Street called, Bernie's Bike Shop. The Owner named Roger, does really good work and does not over charge on services.

Tracey :)
A former member
I cant speak highly enough of the guys at Cal Coast near north park.