addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Photography Collective Message Board › wide angle lenses

wide angle lenses

A former member
Post #: 46
hi. am considering buying a wide angle lens for a couple of uses. One, I photograph a lot of artwork and while my 70-200 does great for paintings, I'm also going to do some three dimensional work too and was thinking about using a wide angle. I am interested too in growing my skills in landscape photography, once I get over my continued reluctance to photograph this type of subject. Finally, besides the distortion risks, as anyone used wide angle lens for portrait/ nude work?
A former member
Post #: 138
What body are you using? Crop sensor of full frame?
A former member
Post #: 47
Fx body , D700
A former member
Post #: 9
I have rented the Nikkor 16mm fish eye and the 14mm from Georges. It's pretty cheap and a great way to determine what you want and how you will use it. I used the fish eye once for portrait work. Check out http://500px.com/phot...­
A former member
Post #: 48
Good point to try one. I had a DX version of the to tokina, a 12 to 24, if my memory serves me. Fun and solid lens