align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The San Diego Photography Collective Message Board › Our Hike For A Cure of Multiple Sclerosis

Our Hike For A Cure of Multiple Sclerosis

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello eveyone,

My name is Blake Byers and I am affiliated with a non-profit organization called Our Hike. We are an organization arranged to help raise awareness for Multiple Sclerosis. We are working in conjunction with the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. I am a local photographer, as well as a strong advocate of Instagram (blakebyers), who is trying to use imagery to help with this cause.

I wanted to start a discussion about what we are doing so as to help create more of a buzz for our efforts and that of the NMSS.

So what are we, as Our Hike, doing to help promote MS while utilizing photography?

Well, on April 12th, 2012, we are embarking off on the Pacific Crest Trail, which is over 2,650 miles long spanning from the border of Mexico to the border of Canada. Along the way we are going to photographing the experiences we have. We will be sharing those experiences in a photographic novel upon our return.

On April 4th, we are hosting an event at Quality Social, where photography and art will be highlighted, along with Jazz and a live auction. The event is called Our Hike For A Cure. It starts at 7pm. If you are interested there is a link below where you can R.S.V.P.

We also have a website where you can learn more about what we are doing, along with our YouTube channel where you can visually see and hear what we are doing to help raise awareness for MS.

Thank you so much for your time in reading this discussion post.

We really appreciate your support and help with this endeavor.

Sincerely,

Blake
Our Hike
www.ourhike.us
YouTube Channel: 3lake3yers
Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.c...­