The San Diego Photography Collective Message Board › Selling my rig

Selling my rig

Cory P.
CoryP
San Diego, CA
Post #: 200
Hi Kids
I have decided to sell my stuff after buying the Canon SX40HS like Roy has. I figure if I need a production camera, I could borrow my friend Gary's. His is better anyway. Here's the list:

Canon XTi body, worn a bit on the edges, but still works great! Been treated like a baby. Comes with 2 batteries and a charger. Asking $200.

Canon EFS 17/85 IS wide angle lens. Great "walk around" lens, Canon doesn't make these anymore. I have a filter on it to protect the lens. Asking $165

Canon 60mm prime 2.8 macro. Hardly used. It also has a filter on it. Great for portrait or macro work. Asking $250.

Lenses come with hoods and filters.

Cheapo Japanese macro/super wide lens with step down ring,with storage bag. Asking $20

Phoenix Teleconverter, electronic focus (?) x2, with storage bag. Asking $40

Hoya Circular polarizing filter 67.0. Used twice, still in original package. Asking $50

Lumiquest 80/20 Pro Max bouncer that mounts on your flash. Barely used. Asking $20

Slik Pro 500DX Tripod. Great condition, rock solid. Asking $125

Monopod with tilt head, the little rubber foot is missing. Used about 4-5 times. $35

Lowepro Mini Trekker backpack,green, good condition, fully padded. Carried all my gear in it. Asking $50

I looked on the web, and these seem to be reasonable prices.
Altogether comes to $995, but if someone is willing to take the whole kit and caboodle (pun intended) I will go to $950. This is a great starter kit for those wanting to use DSLR but are afraid of the crazy prices. Learn on the XTi body, then exchange it for a higher end one when you're ready!

You may email me at katbaloo@cox.net if you're interested.

Thanks!!

Angela A.
user 16414511
San Diego, CA
Post #: 5
Hi Cory,

I forwarded your message on to a friend of mine. I think she is meeting with you this evening. I hope all works out well!

Angela
Cory P.
CoryP
San Diego, CA
Post #: 202
Still have the tripod and the circular polarizer. Asking $100 for tripod (only used a few times) and $25 for the lens (used three times, in orig. package). Miscellaneous stuff is available still, too. I sold the camera, canon lenses, and bag to a nice person, and the monopod to a young man.
Would like to sell the items soon, my budget could use the extra boost!
A former member
Post #: 15
I have a tripod but need a polarizer. What size, brand and type is it ???
Thanks, JoAnn
Cory P.
CoryP
San Diego, CA
Post #: 204
The polarizer and tripod are sold to another member. Thank you!
franmcob
franmcob
San Diego, CA
Post #: 123
boy i'm always to late next time see everyone at the meeting
Cory P.
CoryP
San Diego, CA
Post #: 205
Thanks to members of this fine group, all my stuff has been sold!! Thank you!!