addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Photography Collective Message Board › Canon SX30 IS vs SX40 HD

Canon SX30 IS vs SX40 HD

Cynthia S.
user 14642844
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2
Does anyone know if there's a big difference between the older SX30 IS and it's replacement SX40 HD? I currently own the SX30, and am wondering if it is worth replacing it with the SX40--any advice/information would be greatly appreciated.
Ken C.
anergy
El Cajon, CA
Post #: 81
I bought one and rapidly sold it. In my humble opinion, it was too difficult to control the image quality, and convinced me to rely on my DSLR's.
Cynthia S.
user 14642844
San Diego, CA
Post #: 3
I mostly use my DSLR, but use the SX 30 when I don't want to (or need to) lug around a heavier camera and gear, as I agree the SX 30 can be slow in focusing. :)
Cory P.
CoryP
San Diego, CA
Post #: 206
I bought Ken's camera and am enjoying learning to use it. Thanks again, Ken!
Roy A.
rang
San Diego, CA
Post #: 103
Call me at 858-736-4039 and I can explain the differences in technology used and what the resulting performance difference is and why.

-rang