A former member
Post #: 175
Well, folks, the time has come for me to bid you all a fond farewell.

I'm moving to Portland, Oregon on Sunday. While the move is being made for my job, I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the photographic opportunities that the Pacific Northwest has to offer. Two brief visits up there in the last six weeks has suggested that those opportunities will be great and plentiful.

I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I guess, despite being a native New Yorker, that San Diego will always be "home". This decision hasn't been made in haste, and I really struggled with it. At this point, though, I'm scared, excited, apprehensive, nervous; you name it. Despite that crazy mix of emotions, I really do believe that this is the best move for me at this point in my life.

I want to thank Dan for putting together, and maintaining, this Meet Up. His dedication to this little band of misfits is laudable and inspiring. Dan, you're a good dude, and I'll miss hangin' with you.

If any of you happen to find yourselves passing through the Portland area, let me know. I can always be reached at my e-mail: steve@steveparrphotography.com. If our schedules sync, we can grab lunch or maybe even go do some shooting.

I won't be deleting this site from my bookmarks, so I may check in from time to time if it's okay. wink

So, thanks for the cameraderie, everyone. I have truly, truly enjoyed it.

Steve Parr

Joanie H.
JoanieHunt
Fullerton, CA
Post #: 924
Enjoy Portland, Steve! It's a city full of wonderful and wonderfully weird people who are warm and creative. I think you'll like it more than you ever expected!
Andy K.
user 2337736
San Marcos, CA
Post #: 281
Good Luck Steve. Portland has some great farmer's and fish markets. Interesting venues to explore and shoot, plus not to miss mentioning the wonderful, fresh foods found there.
Pamela S.
user 26697732
San Diego, CA
Post #: 11
Steve
It was a pleasure to meet you and I wish you all the luck in Portland. Who knows you may end up seeing me up there sometime, since we travel a lot. Good luck and enjoy your new adventure!
Pamela
A former member
Post #: 1
Steve, I have never met you. I live in Orange County and have only been to one of San Diego's meet ups and after this weekend, it may be two. I wish you luck on your new adventure. My daughters and I will be traveling to Portland on vacation next summer.

Trudi Crookshanks
Zee
justaregularguy
San Diego, CA
Post #: 31
Good luck. I envy your proximity to the Columbia River Gorge. An area of absolutely stunning beauty and countless waterfalls. On top of that you have access to all those beautiful and snowy mountains, and serene northwest coast. Rest assured you will be busy taking pictures, if nature is your thing.

As you can tell I have been in that area and loved it, but it was before my days of photography so all I have are pictures from my point and shoot.

A former member
Post #: 177
Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone.

I've been up to the Gorge; as far up as Multnomah Falls. Stunning is barely an adequate description.

Thanks again, folks...
Britt
Anjel-Britt
San Diego, CA
Post #: 479
I know you'll enjoy it Steve and you have a great arrangement, family and many great things and fun challenges to come that will be awesome..... but I am missing you already and hope to hear from you often.
You are taking a new step, and you dance well

;-)

Stay in touch with your groups - we love ya and wish you well!
Nikyvee
Nikyvee
San Diego, CA
Post #: 127
I don't know about your dancing.... but it has been nice meeting you. I sure wish you all the best with your new job AND your new photo opportunities. It will be great. Hey, sometime, post a photo of something up there in that cold NorthWest. Good luck Steve. Have fun, do good, and happy shooting!!
Britt
Anjel-Britt
San Diego, CA
Post #: 480
hee hee

How's the weather there Steve?