The San Diego Photography Collective Message Board › 100s of Photography Magazines From 1970s, '80s, '90s

100s of Photography Magazines From 1970s, '80s, '90s

David Matt G.
ShyCloud
San Diego, CA
Post #: 74
I need to get rid of 100s of photography magazines from the 1970s, '80s and '90s. The majority of them are Petersen's Photographic, Modern Photography and Popular Photography.

I'd love to sell them for a few bucks, but if that isn't possible, I'd just like to find them a good home rather than recycle them.

Make me an offer I can't refuse, or help me feel better about dumping them in the blue bin.
Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2,617
You could bring a batch of them to the monthly meeting at Coco's. Others have done so and found new homes for many of them.

Value on these is really not much at all. Just check eBay.

I'd be interested in some of the earliest ones if you just want to donate them.
Ken C.
anergy
El Cajon, CA
Post #: 86
I'm also "cleaning house" and will bring a bunch to the next meeting.
David Matt G.
ShyCloud
San Diego, CA
Post #: 75
Dan, I'd be happy to donate a bunch of them. I've checked and don't see them having much $ value, but they are full of tons of information, and I would hate to end their lives by recycling them. I'm going in to the hospital tomorrow for a second round of chemoembolization, so I don't know if I will be ready to move stuff around in my storage to get to them in time for this month's meeting. If I'm not, I'll shoot for March. I also have several old cameras, a ton of hardback photography books, and some darkroom stuff. If you want to come out to my storage place in Lakeside some afternoon, you can help me dig stuff out and get first pick of anything you like. There are about 5,000 record albums too.
Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Post #: 2,619
Sure David. I'll contact you about coming by.
JD
user 11802770
San Diego, CA
Post #: 12
David and Dan,

If you guys need an extra pair of hands let me know. I'd be interested in a few of the older magazines as well as see what old cameras you have that you may want to sell. If you'd like the help you can call me at 619.980.8274.

JD
Ken C.
anergy
El Cajon, CA
Post #: 87
Come to this month's meetup, I'm bringing a bunch of Outdoor Photography and Mac World.
A former member
Post #: 5
I would love to have some of these! cool Thank you for sharing!!!
Osia S.
user 12709909
San Diego, CA
Post #: 1
Hi David,
First, I hope you feel better! And, thank you so much for trying to recycle things and find them new homes rather than dumping them! I wanted to ask about your records. My husband might be interested in them if you have any jazz or blues records.... Thanks, and take care of yourself.