I am so happy that you've decided to join me on Sat, Sep. 14 for our Urban Photography Meetup. The group is much larger than I anticipated, so I have made a change to our ending location. We will now end our adventure at Karl Strauss Brewing Co (1157 Columbia Street San Diego, CA 92101
• Phone: 619-234-2739). They have plenty of room for us.Our basic agenda:
- We will meet at the Grand North Tower (1205 Pacific Hwy) I pick this location because I live here, there's plenty of parking near by and it is an easy walk to Little Italy and back.
- We wil do some basic introductions, I will give you some tips and ideas for the day, and answer any questions you might have.
- We can walk as a group to the edge of Little Italy.
- Split up and take some pictures
- I was thinking - 2 hours of photography
- There are a variety routes you can take depending on your goals.
- Farmers Market – The famers market is often very crowded if you decide to shoot here you probably won't have much time to do much else
- Farmers Market East end - There is a small section of the Market that is West of Kettner. It generally has less traffic and has 90% of the flowers and some veggies.
- Skip the Farmers Market - there are lots of interesting things on Kettner as far North as Juniper St.
- Don't for get the side streets.
- Meet at Karl Strauss about Noon. There we can share our experiences and photos and have a question and answer session. I recommend bringing a laptop or tablet to upload your images. (http://www.karlstrauss.com/PAGES/Eats/Downtown.html)
- If there are any photos that you want to retake after the share session you can head back out to the streets or of course home for a nap.
Here's a great article for new photographers (http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/digital-slrs/50-essential-photography-tips-50006080/
)Dot Lestar Roberts
Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing. - Randy K. Milholland