addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The San Diego Photography Collective Message Board › Meetup of August the 11th - notes

Meetup of August the 11th - notes

Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
Last night was a fun Meetup with a fairly large turnout of 13.
Fredo, Lydia, Cameron, J.J. (& friend), Alex, Charlie, myself plus five newbies
including: Sarah, Larry, Ronald, Richard and Marty.

We had 3 laptops going (or was it two?) and numerous binders of photos
were passed around. Time passed quickly.
We checked out Alex's work on a slideshow on my laptop with a little downloading.

Several people expressed interest in having our own Meetup at a home,
perhaps between regularly scheduled Meetups.
Sarah volunteered hers, maybe for September and Fredo said he'd supply
some real food!
(Hold the hot sauce on mine ;-)

We discussed taking the early train up to LA some Saturday and spending the day up
there cruising around. If that sounds like your kind of thing, lets get in contact.

I'll post the traditional embarrassing photos as soon as I get a chance.

- Danbiggrin
A former member
Had a good time. Look forward to more meetings and doing some photo trips.

Ronnie
A former member
Sorry I didn't make it to the meetup, but I was determined to finish up some chores at home. I really would have liked to have met all the new faces.

A trip to LA via the train sounds interesting. If you haven't taken Amtrak to LA, you are in for a treat. The tracks run right along the beach for a significant portion of the route, quite scenic.

I would like open the "floor" for specific locations in LA (obviously near the Amtrak station) which might be good for photography. Can't be much help myself as I do not know my way around LA at all.

One suggestion I do have is not exactly LA but, perhaps Mission San Juan Capistrano might be interesting to some. Nice thing about that location is that it is across the street from the Amtrak station. All along the street just outside the mission are shops, galleries and small eateries. While LA might be an entire day, the missison would be only an afternoon.
Dan C.
DanchusiD
Group Organizer
San Diego, CA
I'm also not too familiar with the area up there but as long as I can photograph the sights and sounds of LA town, along with the seedier aspects of it, I'm a happy camper!

Anyone else got input for location, location, location?

- DCcool