addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The San Diego Theatre & Performing Arts Meetup Group Message Board › Let's Play! Improv Information

Let's Play! Improv Information

Sindi
user 4167657
Beaverton, OR
Hello!

I just wanted to let you know that the "Let's play!" Improv event that was suggested as a meetup is actually a six week class. There are two "workshops". One for more advanced students, and one for beginning students--both for six weeks.  The beginning class is $150, and the more advanced is $100.

I love comedy, including improv. This just doesn't work as an actual meetup. The group member that suggested it just wanted other group members to know about it and wasn't sure how to go about doing it. I am happy to see so many group members interested in improv comedy!

I will not be attending and there isn't anyone assigned as an "Assistant Organizer" since it is a multiple day event not an actual meetup. I have asked the Finest City Improv troupe to keep me posted on shows, which we may be able to attend as a group.

I will be deleting the information from the main meetup page and moving it to the Message Board. It is also included below. Let me know how it goes if you attend! Thanks! -Sindi

Hey everyone!

Improv comedy is a fun hobby and theatrical craft. It's a great way to meet people, and to learn how to play with others and have fun on stage. It's super transformative which is why I wanted to share some info with you all.

Finest City Improv recently opened up and is only the second improv training center in SD! FCI focus on long-form improv which is more scene-work based and is less heavy on the games like those found in "Whose Line is it Anyway?"

We would love to share with you what improv is all about with Finest City Improv. There are two workshops coming up in the Fall:

Improv Fundamentals and Basic Scene Work
Advanced Workout / Lab (for those who have some experience)

Please visit for more information: https://www.facebook.com/FinestCityImprov­

I will be taking one of the workshops and would love to meet you! Improv is so much fun--I hope to see you there!