The San Diego Theatre & Performing Arts Meetup Group Message Board › The Old Globe in 2013 * Ben Vereen * Valentine's Day Theatre with FREE wine

The Old Globe in 2013 * Ben Vereen * Valentine's Day Theatre with FREE wine and chocolates!

Sindi
user 4167657
San Diego, CA
Hello Theatre Lovers!

Okay everyone... here's another long email for you with lots to report! The two remaining discount tickets have been taken for Second City. Thank you to everyone that sent me emails today. I'm sorry that I didn't have tickets for all of you. Both tickets went to the first person that emailed me.

All of the discount tickets are allso gone for Brahman/I. If you would still like to join us for Brahman/I or Second City, visit the La Jolla Playhouse website or call the box office to purchase regular price tickets. You will still be able to sit with us if you are in the balcony for Second City, because the balcony is general admission. The floor is not. Brahman/I is also general admission.

FREE READINGS AT THE LA JOLLA PLAYHOUSE - DNA NEW WORKS SERIES

Don't forget about the FREE readings of new works through February 16. You still need to get tickets and if you want to attend any of the shows, it is suggested you get them ASAP. The Play Development Center's Rehearsal Room Theatre only has 52 seats in it. As of now, the only one that fits with my schedule is the Saturday, February 16 show, The Consultant, so I did get tickets for that. It looks like a good one! Let me know if you are going to be there, and we can at least say hi!

AUGUST WILSON'S GEM OF THE OCEAN PLUS FREE WINE TASTING AND CHOCOLATE!

If you like chocolate and/or wine or simply appreciate great plays, I hope you can join us for our next meetup, which is at Cygnet's Old Town Theatre on Thursday, February 14. That' right... it's a Valentine's Day meetup for both singles and couples. August Wilson's, Gem of the Ocean starts at 7:30 pm, however, we will be meeting out in front of the theatre from 6:30 - 7:15 pm enjoying complimentary wine. And... I'm bringing chocolate! Feel free to also bring chocolates or snacks to share. Click the link to go to our meetup event page for ticket and other information. Hope to see you there. This one is coming up soon! It's next week my theatre loving Valentines!

Do you know how talented and cool Ben Vereen is?

CHECK OUT HIS WEBSITE AT THIS LINK OR GOOGLE BEN VEREEN!

This is going to be an awesome show! The multi-talented Ben Vereen is a singer, dancer and Tony Award winning actor. In addition to performing on Broadway and at the Palladium Theatre in London, Vereen has been able to make a successful transition into television and film. His stage credits include the Broadway productions of Hair, Jesus Christ Superstar, Pippin and most recently, Wicked. He has made numerous guest appearances on many popular TV shows throughout his career, including, How I Met Your Mother, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, The Nanny, Star Trek: The Next Generation, as well as playing Mayor Ben on the children's show Zoobilee Zoo. One of Vereen's most notable performances was as Chicken George in the critically acclaimed '70's miniseries Roots, in which he received an Emmy nomination in 1977. Regardless of your age and what you remember or don't of Ben Vereen, he has had a phenomenal career as an entertainer and you most likely have seen him at some time, somewhere. And now... YOU have the chance to see him live! Although our discounted seats are in the balcony, you can purchase seats on the floor, closer to the stage at full price, if you prefer.

Click here for more information about Ben Vereen and the show!

TO PURCHASE TICKETS:

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE TICKETS TO SEE BEN VEREEN

Our discount code must be entered in the Promo Code box at the top right of the screen.

Enter Promo Code MEETUP3331 in the box in the upper right side of the screen.

Select "SUBMIT"

"Balcony" should have a highlighted dot next to it

Select how many $32 tickets you want from the drop down menu

Select "PURCHASE"

Proceed to check out.

I have a lot more in the works for 2013! You can count on more visits to the La Jolla Playhouse and Cygnet Theatre. I am also excited to report that I am currently working with The Old Globe to plan our first meetup, since I have taken over as Organizer last year! I will keep you posted!

If you or someone you know are involved with a theatre production, feel free to let me know about it. Even if I can't make it an official meetup, I can certainly share the information with the group.

Thank you for being a part of the Theatre & Performing Arts Meetup Group and for helping to make theatre more visible in San Diego County. Hope to see you soon... at the theatre!

Take care,

Sindi