My first mountain bike ride post breaking my hand. We'll ride at a medium pace for about 3 hours. Stop for lunch midway. I rate the trail at 5 technical and 5 cardio on a 1 to 10 difficulty. This is not a beginner ride. This is an 18 years and up ride and no dogs. Meet at 9:30, Ride at 10 sharp. Rain within 18 hours cancels.
- You've been mountain bike singletrack trail riding in the 6 months.
- You have no heart, knee, or other health problems.
- You agree to sign a release of liability waiver.
- You own a non department store mountain bike with at least 24 speeds, V or disk brakes, a front suspension fork.
- Your bike is in good working condition, ie shifts well, inflated tires, lubed chain and excellent brakes.
- If its been unridden more then three months please have a bike shop tune it up.
- Bring a patch kit or spare tube and frame pump.
- Bring at least 1.5 liters/quarts of water and snacks.
- Wear a helmet. Gloves are strongly encouraged.
- BY DOING THIS RIDE YOU AGREE THAT: YOU AND YOUR DOCTOR AFFIRM THAT YOU ARE IN GOOD HEALTH AND HAVE NO MEDICAL CONDITIONS THAT WOULD BE WORSENED BY BICYCLING AND DOING CARDIOVASCULAR AEROBIC HIGH INTENSITY EXERCISE. YOU ARE DOING THIS RIDE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. MOUNTAIN BIKING IS AN INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITY AND YOU VOLUNTARILY ASSUME ALL RISKS OF SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH. YOU AND YOUR HEIRS AND ESTATE GIVE UP ALL RIGHTS TO SUE SEBASTIAN OR ANY MEETUP ORGANIZERS OR MEMBERS. IN THE EVENT YOU ARE HURT YOU AGREE TO RECEIVE MEDICAL CARE.
- Each person attending must agree to the above paragraphs. Please email Sebastian if youre bringing more then one person.
- Ride is cross posted on several groups and will have around 10 riders.
Meet at end of road parking lot. Tecolote Canyon Natural Park & Nature Center 5180 Tecolote Rd, San Diego, CA 92110 (858)[masked]