San Diego NVC will be offering a class with a description of the main points of NVC as part of a larger event, the Celebration of Compassion.
The Celebration of Compassion runs from 12 noon to 5pm and includes a number of dance, music and art activities for kids. Attendees can choose whatever they like from many different activities. See the flyer or the Celebration of Compassion website for a schedule of events.
If you get a chance to catch the transcenDANCE performance at noon, I highly recommend it based on their theatrical performance at UCSD a year ago.
NVC Class in English: 1:00 - 1:45pm, teacher Joe Glennon. The class will include a description of the main points of NVC and will be geared to an audience of kids and parents (and everyone is invited and would benefit, including people without kids.)
NVC Class in Spanish: 2:00 - 2:45pm, teacher Rosie Cayetano who has taught Crinanza de ninos con compassion is coming down from Los Angeles for this special event and will be joined by Joe Glennon.
Location: Cherokee Point Elementary School, Room 1
Entire Event: 12 noon - 5:00pm
Celebration of Compassion
Celebrating Compassion in City Heights
- Time: Saturday, May 18, 2013, 12-5 pm
- Dance Performance and Registration, (Auditorium, Noon):
- Opening, (Auditorium, 12:30):
- Welcome – Makeda Dread from World Beat Center
- San Diego Mayor Bob Filner
- City Councilmember Marti Emerald
- Principal Godwin Higa
- Classes, (1pm - 5pm) -- see schedule
- Dance, Singing, Drumming, Music, Singing Bowls, Puppets, Ski
- Drawing, Writing
- Panel discussion, Health and Wellness
- Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Yoga, meditation, walking meditation
Cherokee Point Elementary
San Diego, CA 92105
Interstate 15 South:
Exit University Ave, turn Right. Left on 38th Street.
Interstate 15 North:
Exit University Ave, turn Left. Left on 38th Street.
School is on the left-hand side; dead-end street.
transcenDANCE Youth Arts Project allows us to hear from our generation of youth and to give them a chance to positively impact the world around them.