THIS IS THE ACTUAL EVENT .... Do not give away what is going to happen at 7pm.
Join us for Oceanside's first flash mob! Anyone can participate! You do not need to be a part of the El Camino page--this is open to EVERYONE that would like to come out and participate. All ages, all abilities, and all fitness levels.
We will meet at the Sunset Market on March 14th. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before. The flash mob will start around 7pm. Help us make this mob AWESOME by spreading the word and participating. Its ok if you can't dance, most people can't. Its not about being a good dancer, its about reclaiming free public spaces and creating fun for our community. Give it a try!
1) Pass this link to as many people that you know. The bigger, the better. Get the word out so its successful!
2) Learn the dance moves to the song. There will be a Youtube link posted as the event gets closer with the choreography and song choice. It will be very basic, so all ages can participate. Stay tuned....
3) Show up to the Sunset Market at around 6:45. We will post as the date gets closer that actual meeting point at the market.
4) IMPORTANT: Mill around, without congregating into a big group once at the market. Act as if nothing strange is going on.
5) Once you hear the whistle, the mob will start the dance. It will last exactly 4 minutes.
6) After the dance is complete, disperse quickly... act as if it was spontaneous and like you don't know anyone involved. You can reconvene outside of the market with those that you know.
1) Please, please watch for other dancers and people standing around. We don't want anyone to get hurt.
2) Do not bring objects or props to dance with.
3) Be sure to stay within your limits. If a particular dance move is difficult for you, adapt it to your level. For example, if there is a jump and you can't jump, mimic it instead.
4) Act as if nothing is going on before and after the mob occurs. Flash mobs are suppose to look spontaneous. If we're all standing around in a big group talking, it defeats the purpose.
NEED TO PRACTICE????
For those of you that would like to learn the dance in a group, or need help with certain moves we will be meeting at the Oceanside Band Shell for an hour or two on:
Saturday March 2 at 3pm
Saturday March 9 at 3pm
EL CAMINO HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI:
After the mob, if you'd like to meet up with some of your peers we will be at Cabo on the roof immediately following the flash mob. You're welcome to bring your friends.