The San Francisco Maltese Meetup meets on the 2nd Sunday of the month @ 3 pm. Typically at China Basin Park @ McCovey Cove in SOMA behind Giants stadium, sometimes at Alta Plaza Park when the Giants are playing at home.
This is an informal group. An official "host" is not present at every gathering. Members are invited to jointly help make the Meetup safe and enjoyable by following these guidelines:
- Please "play nicely with others" and make sure your pooch does the same. "Humping" and "rough play" must be discouraged. It makes many owners very nervous about the safety of their dog and they may not feel comfortable or bold enough to speak up, especially if they are new to the group.
- Please pick up after your dog and leave no trace behind at the Meetup site. (Consider stepping in to do the job if another member mistakenly forgets or is distracted. Fortunately, our little dogs' output is, well, little. No need to make this a big deal.)
- Please refrain from offering treats to your dog and others during our Meetups since diets and allergies vary.
- Kindly respect that this group is for Maltese dogs only. Restricting group participation to the Maltese breed serves the purpose of providing a trusted, safe and precious haven for these small and often shy dogs to play.
- If you are inclined to organize a group photo, please do so! (Post photos to our Meetup page. Instructions can be found in the Bulletin Board section.)
- If you plan to attend a Meetup, RSVP early. This has a proven contagious effect. And the more the merrier.
- Consider introducing yourself if you see someone new or someone whose name you don't yet know. This helps create community. And community helps create a safe, fun and active group.
- If you're new to socializing with the group, please keep in mind that it may take several visits until you and your dog feel completely at ease. (Practice makes perfect.)