WELCOME TO THE SAN FRANCISCO WORLD TRAVELERS (SFWT)
We are a friendly group of like minded travelers who share a passion for visiting overseas destinations, or for those thinking about world travel for the first time.
WHAT WE DO (AND WHAT WE DON'T)
We meet monthly for drinks in the city. Our objective is to make new friends, share travel stories, tips and thoughts about exciting places that we've visited, or plan to visit in the near future and to remind ourselves why people who travel the world are such good fun to be around.
We don't make presentations, organize slide shows, group trips, or push commercial ventures on you. Unlike some other groups we're not affiliated with travel companies looking to promote their commercial services.
Our SFWT Meet Ups are based upon your personal interaction with other members within the group. There is no formal meeting agenda for these events. However you prefer to travel, we hope to see you at an San Francisco World Traveler's event soon.
NOTE TO COMMERCIAL TRAVEL ORGANIZATIONS:
SFWT is a private, non-commercial, social travel group. Promotion of goods, services or the solicitation of Members at Meet Ups, through the Meet Up messaging portal, the SFWT Message Boards or via this website in any other way, by commercial organizations, non-commercial organizations, or by individuals is contrary to the spirit of the group and will result in expulsion from the group at the sole discretion of the Organizer.
Unless specifically stated, all Meet Ups are non-commercial events. Commercial and non-commercial Message Board solicitations may be deleted by the Organizer without notice.
Please review the groups RSVP / "No Show" policy which is provided under the "Pages" tab.
SFWT supports The United Nation's Foundations "Nothing but Nets' initiative to provide mosquito bed nets to families in Africa. As such all event attendees are asked to make a $2.00 donation to this important and valuable cause. Donations are not used to cover meet up fees or expenses and are contributed 100% to Nothing but Nets (www.nothingbutnets.net). Further information is provided under the "Pages" tab.
By joining this group, RSVP'ing to events, and attending events, you are confirming that you have read, understand and accept the following:
1. San Francisco World Travelers is a private group. Attending events is voluntary by you as a member. Participation in any activity with us is at your own risk.
2. By joining San Francisco World Travelers as a member you agree to indemnify and hold harmless San Francisco World Travelers, its organizers, co-organizers, assistant organizers, event hosts, and other members from all claims or liability of every type (including court costs and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property, loss of personal property or any other wrongful act arising out of or relating to your participation as a member. This agreement applies to you and to other persons (as your guests) who may accompany you in these endeavors.
3. You also agree to hold the organizers as well as other group members harmless. By participating voluntarily in the group, you expressly waive any and all such claims against each and every other member in the group, including without limitation any and all claims against the group organizer, co-organizers, assistant organizers, and event hosts.
4. San Francisco World Travelers may hold events involving a variety of different activities. These events can be dangerous and pose a risk to San Francisco World Travelers members and guests. By participating voluntarily in the group you understand that you are responsible for your own safety.
5. Any social events that San Francisco World Travelers sponsors and holds will fall also under the same Disclaimer and Liability guidelines listed above.