San Jose Mountain Biking Message Board Tool Time! › Suspension fork service

Suspension fork service

A former member
Post #: 1
I just got a used Rock Shox SID on Ebay. Since it's used with an unknown history, I'm thinking of having it serviced; minimally with an oil change.

Does anyone know of a good place to do this? I saw that Sports Basement charges something like $60 plus parts.

I have rebuilt the old Manitou SX on my 2000 Gary Fisher and am in the process of rebuilding another ancient Manitou as a spare, but the modern Rock Shox SIDs look waaay more complicated.

Thanks,
Ben
David
Madmaxwell
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 147
I would say if you've not done a modern fork take it to a shop for the rebuild. I can see what Summit will charge for the service and let you know.
Addison
user 4912964
San Jose, CA
Post #: 6
I also bought a used 2011/2012 SID on craigslist ($280, not bad). I got it serviced by Will, a guy I met at craigslist. You can drop it off with him in San Mateo, or go to his place in Pacifica to get it rebuilt and installed. He only charged $30 for rebuild, but I felt bad. Ended up paying him $40 for rebuild+install+minor tuning.

650-353-1633

I'm so glad I did because I found out that my fork had no oil at the bottom (it's a dual-air shock). Highly recommend him. He used to work for FOX (before they shipped everything to China), and knows both rockshox and FOX very well.

Jim A.
user 19397191
Los Gatos, CA
Post #: 2
I had my fork (Fox RLC) serviced at Tread in Campbell recently and was very pleased with the quality and price ($60)