Starting at 6:00 !
6:15-7:40pm Google Webmaster Tools, Analytics and Free vs. Premium vs. Custom
Brian Childers and Ted Altenberg will be presenting.
Understanding Google Webmaster Tools and Analytics
When it comes to your website, there is no better all-around tools than Google Webmaster Tools and Google Analytics. Anyone with a website, from newbie to advanced, can benefit from these tools
Brian Childers will help you gain an understanding of:
- How your website is working using these tools.
- How to monitor your site's performance in Google Search results
- Making sure that Google can access your content correctly
- Analyzing visitor traffic
- Where visitors came from, where they went and when they left
- What people are using to view your site, so you can make smarter decisions about site layout and design
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your website referrals and direct traffic
- Submit new content for crawling and remove content you don't want shown in search results
- Maintain your site with minimal disruption to search performance
- Monitor and resolve malware or spam issues so your site stays clean
Even if you don't think you know how to use Webmaster Tools and Analytics, you should be aware of it and become familiar with the basics. As a web designer or web hobbyist, you should have access and control to how your site is performing in search results so you can make important business decisions about your site.
Brian Childers is Founder and CEO of Foxxr, Inc., an Internet Marketing Company in the Santa Cruz area. He is able to bring the power of brand visibility and internet marketing tools to fruition and lead others towards achieving common goals.
Brian built his career in wireless sales and online marketing. He has implemented enterprise level fulfillment software and managed highly successful sales teams supporting multiple Fortune 100 accounts.
In 2008, Brian founded Foxxr, Inc with the idea of becoming an trusted internet marketing expert that SMB's can relate to and rely on. Foxxr is now a leading agency in Northern California serving over 100 clients.
Free vs. Premium vs. Custom WordPress Themes
- Free vs. premium vs. custom, pros and cons of each
- What to look for in a theme
- Where to find themes (and where not to look)
- Child themes
P.S. WP Remote — an awesome plugin for website managers
Ted Altenberg has been designing websites for nearly 20 years, and working with WordPress for a decade. This has been a part-time side gig, as he has been a full-time public school educator since 1987. Ted brings his love of teaching to his love of tech, by teaching his clients how to use WordPress so they can then mange their own websites. He wishes he had more time to study and learn WP more, and looks forward to doing so when he retires from public education. Find his web design business at www.agoramediaservices.com. Ted lives in Santa Cruz with his wife, where they raised 2 children.