SC WordPress Meetup Group needs an Organizer
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 10:29 AM
I am sorry to have to inform you that with two kids and other personal and professional commitments, I obviously have been unable to devote time to organize our meetups. The group needs a new organizer. If you're interested in taking over the full management of the meetup, I would be happy to turn it over to you and stay on as a member.
A few details:
(1) Our group membership due through meetup.com is $72 every six months. I've been charging it to my credit card and several members and sponsors have also donated funds to the group to keep the meetup active. I imagine members will still step up if asked to donate whatever they can to keep membership free.
(2) You can run the meetup as you please with the help of the Assistant Organizers (Chris B., Jim F., Kathryn G., and Paul F.) and of course the more than 100 members of the group.
(3) Before Mike left Cruzio (one of our sponsors) which had been hosting our group for free once a month, he said he was going to leave a note with the company about our needs. The meetups can meet any WIFI venues, but Cruzio had been generously hosting us after hours for free. Apparently, the new building sports an even better conference room which Mike said would be used for this kind of collaboration with the community. You'll need to follow up with Cruzio if you wish to schedule out the year's meetup in their conference room.
(4) Other meetup venues have included coffeeshops, NextSpace (hosted by a member), etc.
(5) The Assistant Organizers have been great. Hopefully, they'll stay on to help or maybe even take over the full management of the meetup. :)
Please email me back ([address removed]) if you wish to step up and take over the leadership of this wonderful community of Wordpress enthusiasts.