addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Santa Cruz County Writers Club Message Board › Last night's meeting, and Who's up for a field trip?

Last night's meeting, and Who's up for a field trip?

Kimberly
user 11655743
Group Organizer
Santa Cruz, CA
Hello Writers,
We had another successful meeting last night. Michelle brought some very tasty treats (thank you Michelle!), and we had a new member and a guest join us. Eight new members have joined the group in the last couple of weeks, and I'm hoping that we will continue to grow and blossom! If you haven't come to a meeting lately, be sure to put us on the calendar the first chance you get. You'll be glad you did. And be sure to spread the word about our group of aspiring and inspiring writers! Feel free to bring a guest if you have a timid writer friend who just wants to check us out.
Last night we started the meeting going over copyright laws, and discussing what it means to you as a writer. We then wrote together in response to a prompt about how our past affects our writing and shared our responses with each other. Two writers then shared their work and the group provided feedback and encouragement!
We don't officially have a meeting next week, but if you are up for an adventure let's go for a drive and connect with the broader Bay Area writing community! There are four writers who will be reading their work at an event hosted by Anthology. And, for the brave and bold, there is an opportunity to read for the open mic!  See the information below, and if you'd like to carpool together, shoot me an email. We need to RSVP, so please respond as soon as you can so we can get a head count and send in our RSVP.
--Kimberly
June 24, 2014

We know how to get lit—literally.

Come to anthology June 24, and you will see (and hear) what we mean. We bring you great writers with strong voices on the page and on the stage.
This month we feature Lydia Conklin, a widely published Pushcart Prize winner, as well as MacDowell and Yaddo fellow; Marcus Lund, a Best of the Bay Writer seen in McSweeney's Quarterly Concern; Lauren Traetto, SF Vicereine of Vouched Books and co-producer of Scene Missing; and Alan O'Gorman, published in both the UK and the US. See their full bios on the link below.

After our featured program, step up to the open mic and wow us with 2 minutes of your work, and you could be chosen for a featured spot. Signup is limited to 10 people and closes at 7:15.

anthology
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
La Movida Wine Bar & Community Kitchen
3066 24th Street (@Folsom)
San Francisco 7:00 p.m.

For more information, visit anthologysf.com, or http://www.anthologys...­
RSVP on Facebook.
Michelle
user 4678920
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 5
Hi Kim,

This sounds like a great field trip. Count me in!

Regards,

Michelle
Kimberly
user 11655743
Group Organizer
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 17
That's great, Michelle! My apologies for the late reply. I was off the grid at a retreat this past weekend and didn't have access to the internet. I'll RSVP for the two of us and then let's connect tomorrow (Monday) to make plans of when and where to meet.

Any other field trip adventurers who want to join us? Send me a message if you do.

Kimberly
Michelle
user 4678920
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 6
Sounds good!