With our coastline and redwoods, Santa Cruz has quickly become a well-known mecca for cycling. Technologies such as GPS and carbon-fiber have created exciting entrepreneurial opportunities. Just in time for the summer, we have a stellar lineup of presenters for the June MeetUp!
- Santa Cruz Bicycles - founded in 1993 in the Seabright Cannery, SCB put Santa Cruz on the map for cycling enthusiasts with their unique suspension systems, vision, and smarts. Learn about their history, their new digs in the Wrigley building, and what is new for 2013. Nick Anderson
- Calfee Design - "there is likely no other name in the bicycle industry that has attached to it as broad and significant an arc of accomplishments as Craig Calfee" Road Bike Action Magazine. From ultralight carbon to bamboo-composite frames, learn about the stunning beauty of Calfee Desgin. Michael Moore
- Easton-Bell Sports - the first company to design protective helmets for cycling. Learn about why Easton-Bell Sports continues to lead design and development for safety and performance sports equipment. Rob Wesson
- Strava - helps make cycling and running a more social experience, providing motivation and camaraderie even if you're exercising alone. The iOS and Android app make it easy to track rides and runs, follow friends' activities, join challenges and compare performance up climbs and route with others. Jordan Kobert
- Another Bike Shop - the premier mountain bike shop of Santa Cruz, ABS has build a loyal community of enthusiasts. ABS will have several bikes and technologies on display during the networking breakout sessions. Chris Wagner-Jauregg
- Epicenter Cycling - with two locations, Santa Cruz and Aptos, Epicenter promotes health within the our community by getting people excited about cycling - from toddlers to professional racers. Epicenter will display several state-the-art Trek road bikes. Shawn Wilson
Be sure to RSVP "Yes" for this event, as there will be standing room only. ....And we need to know how much food & beverage to stockpile. Doug Erickson will host the June event. Let's have some fun!