addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Santa Cruz New Tech MeetUp Message Board › It's Time for SCWD to OCCUPY the Digital Frontier!

It's Time for SCWD to OCCUPY the Digital Frontier!

Summer
Serenedipity
Santa Cruz, CA
Post #: 1
Hello :)

Those of us in the occupy movement are coming together (inter)nationally to radically change our world for the better... getting $ out of politics, removing corporate person-hood, establishing participatory budgeting, giving mother earth rights, saving homes from illegal foreclosures, as well as setting up a truly interactive digital, governing platform (as opposed to our current representative system) mandated by the people, for the people! We're also working on establishing a new monetary exchange system that is also controlled and mandated by the people.

We're going to need a critical mass of people's creativity, wisdom, and resources to pull this off so I'm reaching out on a local level to see who my techie transformers / comrades are :)

On a personal level, I'm heavily involved in the occupy movement on the ground as well as on the Digital Frontier and would love to inspire others to offer their technical expertise.

I'm one of the administrators for www.MicCheck.Us and have been working closely with InterOccupy.org . Soon I will also be involved with OccupyTogether.org

Before we begin our massive digital outreach, including sending an email out to 15,000 + potential users, we're looking for a solid core of people to make sure we can handle the traffic, maintenance, updates, etc.

Also, if you know how to email my peeps that would be great! It's an old email list from dada mail, which used to be installed on my no longer existing hosting account. It is in csv.

Thank you for your time and your consideration!
Cynthia "Summer Love" Maiorino
www.MicCheck.Us Admin
260-786-5683 (260-sum-love)