August 24, 2013 · 2:00 PM
Some friends and I are doing some innertubing on the river this Saturday near Bakersfield! Join us! Bakersfield is a two hour drive north from LA. Our section of river has two small, easy rapids and the rest is lazy floating down slow water, and there'll be a few rope swings! We'll float for two hours, stop for lunch, float another two hours, and then exit the river where our cars are parked and head off to a restaurant to get some food!
We'll be meeting at the start at 2pm. Directions are below. It'll be around 97 degrees on Saturday on the river, which is PERFECT for innertubing!
You must be able to swim to participate in this meetup. No exceptions.
- Animals seen last summer include deer, coyotes, cranes, turtles, dragonflies, bats, and cows.
- Tubing Photos
- sack lunch (we will drive to the lunch spot & hide them in the bushes)
- full water bottle
- 1 gallon of water per person to refill water bottle
- waterproof sunscreen, sunglasses WITH STRAP, hat
- sandals/shoes that won't come off e.g. Tevas, running shoes, ect
- NO BARE FEET OR FLIP FLOPS DUE TO GLASS & RUSTY NAILS
- money for dinner/gas
TUBING WITH ALCOHOL
- It's against the law to have alcohol on the river. Bad times if a ranger catches you, plus it's not a good idea to be intoxicated around something that can kill you.
I'll have a small floating cooler with ice you'll be welcome to use!
Directions from LA to Start
Directions from Start to End
Contact me! I'll be helping organize everyone into carpools. The fewer cars the better.