Edit: This will be legit karaoke! NOT a bunch of youtube videos! It will be complete with 2 wireless microphones and a 12000 song collection to choose from with guided lyrics just like karaoke in koreatown!
• The slight delay problem has been FIXED this time around!
• 5.1 Surroundsound system for music (instead of just TV speakers like last time)
• This time around we'll have Reverb and echo effects
It will cost $5. NOT $5 per hour, just $5 flat.
(Hint: The last time we did this at a professional karaoke studio that allowed byob it cost us $7 per person PER HOUR and this was the absolute cheapest option! $5 for hours of byob karaoke is a great deal!)
PLEASE HAVE THE $5 READY AT THE DOOR.
The cost will cover the hardware i bought (this time I got a reverb mixer) and I will spend the rest of the cash on buying mixers (Juices), Sodas, Cups...etc, and other drinks.
This is STILL A BYOB EVENT. If you want alcohol you must bring it! But don't worry about mixers because I will already have some, if you have any strange requests for mixers or sodas please email me through meetup.
To anyone that hasn't done these, let me bring you up to speed:
• Boardgames and Karaoke 1.0: Despite a few huge setbacks it was a HUGE success. We had nearly 40 people show up. We went to a professional karaoke place in downtown and It ended up costing $7 per person per hour, which I thought was BULLSHIT! So I said screw that and bought a wireless mic system.... http://www.meetup.com/LA-Redditors/events/100795762/
• Boardgames and Karaoke 2.0: Again, ~40 people showed up, and I had bought a wireless mic and downloaded a karaoke system. I charged people a $5 flat fee to cover the wireless mic system and the drink mixers. It was a huge success: http://www.meetup.com/LA-Redditors/events/109751082/
I hadn't hosted Karaoke since. It was absolutely awesome but we did have a few setbacks that I wanted to correct before I hosted it again, all of which have now been corrected!
How to get into my place:
Please buzz #102 at 131 N. Croft ave.
if you're having trouble call[masked]
I will allow people who arrive early enough to use my garage, or my guest spot, or the other guest spot.
DO NOT PARK ON THE STREETS, you will be ticketed! The only exceptions are these locations:
If you park in any of these locations listed in the map or below, make sure you read the signs and make sure they don't say something like "permit #32 exempted", if it does you will be ticketed.
The spots in the above map (which have no permit restrictions) are:
-ON 1st street BETWEEN croft and orlando.
-or at the unmetered spots ON orlando BETWEEN beverly and 4th.
If you can't find a spot in one of those areas and you haven't come early enough to grab a permit then your only other option is to park at the meters. They are $1/hr and You only have to pay till 8:00PM after that the meters are free. So assuming you arrive at 6:00 the max you'll have to pay is $2.00, if you get here at 7:00 it's only a $1, you can math can't you?
Call or text me at[masked] for updates.