addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

20 & 30 Somethings LA - Hikes, Drinks, Parties, Fun Stuff!~ Message Board › Future Walks, Bike Rides and Other Events!

Future Walks, Bike Rides and Other Events!

Jackie
user 4921857
Santa Monica, CA
Hey Folks!

These walks and Bike Rides are great for the Body and Mind. Join us for a beautiful day, pristine ocean views, a great workout and to be in the company of other like-minded, fabulous friends! 

I would like to address a minor issue that occurred on our Bike Ride last Saturday.

A woman arrived at the Bike Ride last Saturday without a bike.

She said, "I need to get a bike". I said," You came to a Bike Ride without a bike? She said "Yes".
She also said, "The Event Page Did Not Specify that She Needed to bring a Bike to the Bike Ride or, that She Needed to Rent a Bike, at Her Own Expense and Risk, Before She Arrived". 

(I assumed, foolishly, you all would realize you would need a bike for the Bike Ride.) Then, she asked me where she could rent a bike. I told her there was a bike rental a couple blocks away.

She is very upset that I was not more willing to take care of her needs, but it's not okay to revolve an event around one person. There are over 2,000 Adults in this group.

As the host, I believe She should have handled things differently and, I believe She should have handled things before she arrived.

Just so everyone is clear:

Please bring your Feet, on a walk; a Bike, on a Bike Ride and money, when you attend a happy hour, movie, dinner, lunch, etc. 

Thank you very much!!

Jacqueline