Canyoneering Knots, Bends & Hitches!
Learn the difference between Knots, Bends and Hitches!
We'll learn how to make them and what each of them are used for!
We'll learn how to make our own Prusik loops!
We'll learn how to make our own 2-length Tethers!
And, we'll cover the following:
- Knots: Overhand, Overhand on a bight, Overhand Follow-Through, Stopper, Figure 8, Figure 8 on a bight, Figure 8 follow-through, Figure 9, Alpine Butterfly
- Bends: EDK, Double Fisherman, Figure 8 follow-through, Square Fisherman, Ring Bend (webbing)
- Hitches: Girth, Clove, Munter, Prusik
This workshop will be held at Griffith Park; exact location will be provided to participants.
Because this is cross-posted on several meetup groups, and to make this easier for me to keep track, everyone must RSVP at the following: http://www.meetup.com/canyoneering/events/108849312/
- You should bring a headlamp ... (we could also use a few lanterns!)
- You must bring a piece of rope or cord approx 4' - 8' long
- To learn the webbing bend you'll need a piece of webbing 4' - 12' long
- If you'd like to make a Prusik Loop, bring a piece of 6mm-7mm accessory cord 4' long
- If you'd like to make your own Tether, bring a piece of 7mm accessory cord or cordalette approx 6' long