add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

San Antonio Sportbike Riders Message Board › Amsoil dealers?

Amsoil dealers?

user 14686301
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 29
Any of the local shops carry Amsoil 10w40? It seems to primarily be an online purchase unless you have a local authorized dealer.
Paul c.
user 8826232
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 523
try this guy if youre really in love with the product:­

If you want an oil that performs brilliantly and is inexpensive, use what the racers use:

Shell RoTella T6, about $24/GALLON
user 14686301
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 30
Preference on oil filter?
Thomas F.
user 10977998
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 109
Wow,,, I use Rotella T6, but Folks keep 'bustin' on me for using a Diesel oil in a motorcycle engine.
I now consider myself in 'good-company' with Paul's way of thinking! Thanks Paul for confirming Rotella oil
user 7019024
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 88
I use an hv been using rotella as well, my cuz steven introduced me to it and Johnny cheese confirmed its greatness on his 500hrsepwr busa so +1 on rotella
Keith H.
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 125
Motul or Silkolene here.

I stick with what works from my years of roadracing. We had oil related issues using other oils back in the day.
Paul c.
user 8826232
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 524
I also agree w Keith (as well as myself). Silkolene and Motul are excellent products - and worth every penny. I just have seen how well the Rotella performs in many different applications and after researching what truly Independent studies have revealed - Rotella just happens to have the 7 additive packages crucial to a high revving 4 stroke engine that uses the oil in the transmission as well as the crankcase - something car oils and some motorcycle badged oils (like castrol blended) do not have. If I could afford to spend twice as much then i would def get silko0lene or the Motul - they come in cool colors too - which is BADASS! The Rotella would be just as expensive if it were badged differently - but because its badged as a fleet oil, it gets a whopping price break - all to our benefit.
A former member
Post #: 45
Just out of curiosity ... Why have I never herd of Rotella being used for motorcycle application?
Is this something recent ? Have people known about this and I live under a rock?
Paul c.
user 8826232
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 525
Jeff, check out this very revealing revue - it will surprise you. http://motorcycleinfo...­

Gerard, yessir its time to climb out tongue! Racers have been using it for years and its trickling down to the street riders as well - probably because folks are figuring out that "expensive" and "quality" are not synonymous. This is the study that made me rethink my assumptions about dino juice. It is also one of the few that's still online that isn't obviously sponsored by Amsoil.

His intro really resonated with me, see if you dont agree:
" I am not a lubrication, filtering, chemical or mechanical engineer. I have a degree in engineering, but I studied electrical engineering. I now study physics. You may feel free to question my abilities to gather facts and draw conclusions in the area of oils and filters. In any case, this is a write up of what I learned in about 75 hours of research on this topic. My only interest is having my motorcycle run forever, never break, and be easy to maintain. "