San Antonio Sportbike Riders Message Board › Best way to sell a bike, advice

Best way to sell a bike, advice

Joe
user 16133591
New Braunfels, TX
Post #: 15
Hello all,

I have a 2006 Harley I never ride, (I know I know...). Looking to sell it but I've never sold a bike before.

Any advice? I have heard not to accept cashier's checks, but how do you accept payment? How do you deal with "test riders"?

Any advice is appreciated,

Joe

Paul c.
user 8826232
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 581
Regarding test rides, why dont you show them how well it works yourself. Test drive only after deal is done.

Nothing wrong w a cashiers check if you're with them at their bank when its issued. If they are coming from a distance that makes a trip to their bank inconvenient, then have them put down a significant portion of the payment on paypal, which is easy to use and will only take about 15 min to set up if you arent already. You can send them a copy of the title and a bill of sale in exchange for the down pmt. If you dont have your title in hand because it still has a lien on it (like w financing), be candid w the buyer about the one to 2 week delay it will take to get them the title. Also your bank will help you do a wire transfer directly from thier account to yours in such a way that no account info is shared - usually costs about $11-15.

This might be helpful as well:

http://travisinvestig...­
Joe
user 16133591
New Braunfels, TX
Post #: 16
Thank you for the help, Paul. Many thanks!

I posted it on craigslist. If anyone knows someone looking for a Harley: http://sanantonio.cra...­

Thanks again,

Joe
Joe
user 16133591
New Braunfels, TX
Post #: 17
SOLD!

Thanks for the help Paul!

Joe